Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 23, 2022 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts View Post
Thanks! I forgot to add, she also had the gall to write in her text, "see you around the group on Facebook" as though nothing had happened and we were still friends.

That...seems like a perfect example of gaslighting someone, doesn't it? Pretending that reality (her bullying me online, me calling her out for it, then me drawing the boundary of ending our friendship after a year) is different than what it really is.

I can only imagine what her adult sons went through, along with her first husband (now I doubt the truth of everything she told me about her life details), if she's gaslighting me after she bullies me online the way she has done.

Bullet dodged indeed.
Some people just see things differently than we do & respond in dysfunctional ways that to them may not even be intentional bullying as you experienced it to be.

Shoot, I know the guy I interfaced didn't get what I told him even explaining in great detail. In his case it was because he wanted to be friends so badly that he really didn't care to understand what I said. Some people just think their way of life is fine & just continue on as normal even after a conflict. Their choice just as our choice is to disengage from them.

I walked out on my 33 year marriage & moved 2100 miles away. For financial reasons (the IRS) I didn't get a divorce for years after I left. In his mind he was sure I would come back to him after 2 years. When I didn't, 11 years later he said he finally "guessed" he was the cause of my leaving. Not an online friendship or relationship but it shows just how dysfunctional some people's lives actually are.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote