Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2022 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I am about an average weight for my height. I have some restricting eating disorder traits but in general I eat a normal amount of food. I eat a mix of healthy and unhealthy stuff. My therapist is a couple inches taller then me and about 100 pounds heavier. She is always telling me what to eat and that I should be drinking like smoothies and eating more vegetables and fruit and less soda. and I don't know. I guess I just find taking her advice a bit ironic. Is it wrong for me to feel and think like this?

I mean isnt it kind of like taking relationship advice from someone whos gone through multiple breakups or someone trying to give you medical advice who isn't a doctor?

The size of a person has nothing to do with their health (well not always). You can be anorexic and fat, just fyi. You can also eat healthy and be heavier than someone else. You can be skinny and unhealthy. Since you're asking, I wouldn't say it's "wrong" to think what you are thinking and feeling, but I would say it is uninformed and judgmental.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Werewoman