View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default May 24, 2022 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post

Some people just see things differently than we do & respond in dysfunctional ways that to them may not even be intentional bullying as you experienced it to be.

Shoot, I know the guy I interfaced didn't get what I told him even explaining in great detail. In his case it was because he wanted to be friends so badly that he really didn't care to understand what I said. Some people just think their way of life is fine & just continue on as normal even after a conflict. Their choice just as our choice is to disengage from them.

I walked out on my 33 year marriage & moved 2100 miles away. For financial reasons (the IRS) I didn't get a divorce for years after I left. In his mind he was sure I would come back to him after 2 years. When I didn't, 11 years later he said he finally "guessed" he was the cause of my leaving. Not an online friendship or relationship but it shows just how dysfunctional some people's lives actually are.
See things differently? It sounds like you're making excuses for her behavior. Are you? And, why are you making excuses?

At some point, as an adult, she has to take responsibility for the way she treats people. Posting hurtful comments intentionally on social media about me so that others can read them is inexcusable.

There is no way you can justify that type of behavior. There is no other way to interpret mean behavior as being misunderstood. By that logic, if someone punches me in the face, they're not being mean. I just interpret it that way. So, you and I can agree to disagree.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote