View Single Post
EagleTears

Member Since Dec 2014
13 hugs
given
Default May 24, 2022 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motts View Post
Today's incident, I disagreed with a post about the use of dog shock collars. She and her husband have two dogs and they use a shock collar on their 2 year old puppy. We were in a group chat and she called me a troll, b/c I posted a link from the Humane Society about an article on how dog shock collars don't teach dogs anything except to negatively associate anxiety and pain with the shock they receive when they bark, and sometimes they get aggressive due to their anxiety about being constantly shocked. It was just my opinion. I have friends who disagree with me, yet they respect my feelings and acknowledge that my opinion matters to them, even if I disagree with them. She didn't react that way. She was very snarky.

As a dog trainer sometimes using a shock collar is necessary to fix a behavioral problem depending on the actual dog. Mind you that the humane society is not a training organization so I take their **Dog training advice** articles with a grain of salt. I respect your decision not to agree with this kind of practice, but you also need to respect us dog trainers that uses shock collars. When inexperience people who know nothing about dog training start lecturing us about **proper** training by sending us articles from PETA and the humane society can often rub us the wrong way.

I welcome any kind of dog training debate as long as your sharing your personal experience with training animals, not what some internet article says.

A 2 year old dog is no longer a puppy.. it's a young adult. by that age the dog should be sexually matured.
EagleTears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover