View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2022 at 08:54 PM

I worked in nursing homes too, back in the day( 80’s). And although there is more red tape and rules I don’t think they are much better and maybe worse because it’s so hard to get workers that they’ll accept almost anyone.

I’m sure adjusting to being alone after being with someone 24/7 is harder than working and being alone is. It’s just hard. Being alone and suddenly having a re-occurring illness is much harder. I know after my back surgery I was incapable of somethings and being alone and so vulnerable was terrible. I slid into a well of depression and isolated totally. My family couldn’t reach me cause I quit answering the phone and door. They were states away so there wasn’t much they could do. I only sought help when the depression turned into a mixed episode. Then after I recovered I realized how bad it was and that really help me decide to move.

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Rose76

Thanks for this!
Rose76