Thread: Email settings
View Single Post
Anonymous32448

Default May 25, 2022 at 01:51 PM

I have my settings set so I get told in email when I have a private message, i have suddenly stopped recieving emails about "you have a private message", has this option been taken away? please can we have it back? please with chocolate sprinkles on top?

i felt safer when we had that option cause coming on here and not knowing who messages are from before opening my message box is making me more stressed and anxious about opening my message box

simply cause i dont know if anyone is about to give me a hard time for anything in pm, i've had it happen elsewhere on a non-mental-health site where i've been bullied really, really bad in pm, sometimes the forum staff and other times other members, for example one pet forum i posted in the dog section to ask something i forget what now, but several members ganged up on me in the thread and in pm for daring to not have a dog and according to them asking anything in the dog section when i dont have a dog is not allowed, the staffs there did nothing to the bullies so i deleted myself and went, this is just one example, there are other examples as well but not being able to see who has messaged me without being online is really scaring me

visitor messages are not a problem, cause they are a bit more public, but private messages its one word against another so i do need to be able to see who has messaged me, without logging in, so i'm not making my mental health worse when i log in and see "unread private messages" and not knowing if anyone is saying anything horrible to me

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn