Soupe du jour
Elder
Soupe du jour has no updates.

8 yr Member
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2022 at 03:59 AM

I'm been doing fine, mood-wise, but oddly sleeping a lot. I get tired earlier than in the past. Not sure why since spring usually elevates my mood. It's not a problem, though.

I am a passionate cook, yet both the oven and stove in this rental house we live in are crap. The oven makes a loud screeching noise (akin to scratching a chalkboard) the whole time it's on and cooling off. The stove top often "decides" to go off of its own accord and sometimes doesn't allow me to put it on for a while. I literally smacked it in protest and it miraculously worked again, but I fear it's a fire hazard. We've told the landlady, and her suggestion is for us to feel free to replace them on our own dime. That's sort of common in Czech Republic, but as an American, I refuse to spend loads of money on someone else's house when I need the money for a future one of my own. But it's gotten to the point where I use my gas grill and toaster (that we own) for more things than I would ever otherwise. We would have purchased a toaster oven, but there's too little space on the counters.

I just got one big dark age spot-looking mole removed by laser and it's still looking like a wound. At the same time, I developed a flat pink conspicuous mole-like blemish on the bridge of my nose. Hubby is now catastrophising about the new mole. I wish he'd stop. I don't need to be panic visiting doctors left and right. I'm more pissed that it is cosmetically unpleasant. I already have a pink mole on the side of my nose that developed years ago.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg
* Seroquel IR (quetiapine IR) 50 mg
* Lyrica (pregabalin) 100 mg

Last edited by Soupe du jour; May 26, 2022 at 06:04 AM..

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous 42424, Nammu