View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2022 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose72 View Post
You know how I had that colposcopy last Friday? Well my doctor called. She said the biopsies came out ok but that the lab did some extra testing and now I have to have part of my cervix removed during a "LEEP" procedure because they saw "higher grade" spots with the biopsy. (This is really starting to annoy/slightly scare me! I mean do I have cancer or don't they know??) I can have it done without anything or I can be put to sleep for it. The first is at the Drs office and the second at the hospital - hospital I will be put to sleep, I believe. I need to send the Dr a portal message saying which one I want to do. The hospital would be preferable if I could find my way around. But I know exactly how to get to the clinic but it's gonna hurt more. 🤕 This is terrible. Nobody has said the C word yet but they've said "higher grade" which sounds good but I don't think it is. I haven't told anybody about any of this except fwb and Caleb- and you guys.
I had something similar to that done back in the eighties. It was done in the doctors office. I had precancerous spots. Oddly they zeroed in on that because my blood work showed precancerous elevation. So they then looked there. I felt no pain. They used like a cauterizing tool.