View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,387 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2022 at 04:11 PM

I am not as awful sick as I was yesterday. Still, I'm too sick to be able to go to the store for a few things. I can manage on what I've got here. I have no one I could ask to get me something. I always was a loner. Wished I wasn't, but we are as we are. Then for 8 years I was caring for my guy. It got to be 24/7. I expected to try and find people to connect with, when my caregiving commitment would be over. But then there was COVID, and I wouldn't risk that. So, past 2 years, social distancing, instead of connecting. So I'm alone.

My one girlfriend is not the type I can turn to for any help. I accept her as she is . . . for 20 years now. She's quite alone too. You'ld think we could have a mutually beneficial alliance. I'm a giver and try to anticipate what anyone I care about might need. She calls me every few days. Never says, "Do you need anything?" She needn't fear being imposed on. She knows I'm not one to use people.

I like my neighbor. She lives alone, but has a very responsible son who checks on her. She has become a friend over the past 24 years, even though she struggles with English. She's had double knee surgery and is on a walker. Obviously, she has enough to do looking after herself.

I'm not hard up with needing anything. I guess Uber will pick stuff up. Maybe I should hire someone thru Care.com. I'm low income, but frugal. I can scrape up for that quite easily.

I guess I've calmed myself down writing this post. I may recover and be as good as I was, which was fine and independent. In time, though, I'll have more health problems. I thought that was years off. It could be next month. My ideas about how to arrange things when I confront the eventual loss of independence do get very dark. They have been for a long time. For now, best to live in the now and not project.

Thanks to anyone who has been able to read this. It helped me to write it.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis, T4bbyCat, unaluna