Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,551 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2022 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Beth* View Post

I can well understand why you feel confused! I've done a bit of reading about the procedure you have had, and the leep procedure. It sounds to me like you have some cells that are not cancerous, but are abnormal and could become cancerous if not removed.

It doesn't seem like you especially need to be asleep during the procedure....it certainly doesn't sound like fun, but apparently some women feel a slight "pinch" when the lidocaine is injected, whereas some don't feel anything, and the leep takes 10 minutes or even less.
I have asked to be asleep- btw my Dr said half of her patients want to be asleep and half don't- because one part of the colposcopy was very painful. I don't even know that it was when they were taking samples- I just know it hurt a lot- my whole reproductive system just cramped up really hard! I figure the leep is more invasive- cutting out a bigger chunk of my cervix- so I'm fine with going under in this case. Ten minutes on the one hand seems silly for all the prep of going under but not if it's going to be as painful or more so than the colposcopy was. I dunno- maybe I'm being a big baby but she did say it's half and half going under vs not, so....

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous 42424, bizi, Nammu

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bizi, Nammu, ~Christina