Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2022 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowerchild25 View Post
@*Beth*

I completely understand your anger. How can you work through anything with such inconsistency? Especially if you are beginning trauma work.

I personally am going to request to not work with the same student next year (if I’m not fired for the denial of my claim). I seriously love her but she is very vulnerable and I feel terrible that I left with no warning. She’s probably thinks it’s her fault. I just don’t want to do that to her again. I’m more confident that by the end of the summer I will be in a much better place and won’t have to leave again, but I don’t want to take the chance. Mary needs to realize the impact her absences are having on you and other clients!

It is mature and realistic of you to have made the decision not to work with the same student. I admire you for it; you are putting her needs before your own.

I think "first do no harm" applies whenever we're working in any kind of position in which we're providing care for another being. If we can't do that it seems the person/people who supervise us need to pick up the responsibility.

It's going to be miserably awkward and painful if I decide to see Dr. B. instead of Mary. She would want a closure session, I would not want the pain of that, and the dread of running into her in that small behavioral health department...I don't even want to think about it.

I agree with you about seeing your regular doctor. I wish I had better experience to share...I have never been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, but I have had wrist pain that was bad enough I had to wear a brace for a few weeks. I never did see a doctor about it. It would go away, return months or years later.

I just don't think "take Advil" is an answer.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous 42424, bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi, ~Christina