Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2022 at 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendingmysoul View Post
I am sad everyday.It is like a default setting for me. I know I am not depressed as my sadness does not interfere with my functioning in my day to day life.But I need to constantly look for something to do in order to distract myself from my ruminations. Ruminations and flashbacks intensify my mild sadness.That is what I tried to avoid.There is deep grief too.I am trying to process my grief as much as I can.Long way to go.I accept and understand my sadness and the reason behind it and made it ( sadness )my friend.I think this feeling will stay with me for ever(because I won't be getting any closure from the reasons ).I need to cope and be productive.
Same here, I feel sad pretty much everyday but it doesn't affect my life at all. It's a mild sadness that can go away for a day or two at times but then returns no matter what happens, there's always an underlying sense of loneliness and feeling down. It never lasts two weeks without letting up but the feeling of loneliness is always there and being alone actually makes it worse despite me enjoying my solitude, I always feel a sense of nostalgia as well and longing for the old times and to see people who are no longer around again. Even back then I felt sad constantly but I still long for those days where some were still around, I agree with you that there can be grief involved that never gets resolved and I think I'll always be this way too and have accepted it as a way of life.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Mendingmysoul, MuseumGhost, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Mendingmysoul