View Single Post
tch214

Member Since May 2022
Default May 27, 2022 at 10:54 AM

I'm more then apprehensive about this, but here it goes. I am a teacher in a great district and have been for 7 years. I thrive here, everyday is a great day and my students are my reason. However, having BPD presents its challenges in the classroom. I have told no one about my diagnosis, my family are the only ones who know and here at work I keep a very low profile. I am ashamed and scared to be found out. I am constantly checking my behavior and attitude in fears that i will be exposed and therefore fired. I know these are irrational fears but working with children puts you in your own category. When feeling, closed off unseen and ashamed how can one rectify these emotions when I have been advised to hold a piece of myself back. I am me and BPD is a major part of that. I am usually so transparent with my students but i am feeling so unauthentic and more like a fraud. I have so much knowledge to give to them, i'd love to change the stigma here at my school by coming out and being open about my diagnosis but I cant. I feel very split in two......me the teacher and me the mental health patient.
tch214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, WovenGalaxy, Yaowen