Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2022 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewoman View Post
WARNING: IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE, THIS POST MAY PISS YOU OFF

I can't get past the fact that when I read George Orwell's "1984" in high school in 1979 that anything remotely like that could happen in The United States of America, yet I can't look around me without seeing the warning signs everywhere.

Cameras watching our every move in public, massive corporations gathering our personal information, listening devices (Alexa) in our homes. The Patriot Act, military style weapons bans, A charismatic leader dividing the people and using 'groupthink' to control his followers...I could go on but you get the idea. Throw in a haulocaust denyer and a flat earther, tear down a statue or two so no one is offended by history and you have a recipe for a genuine disaster.

I'm 60 years old and we have literally been at war my entire life.

I think we're in trouble folks if we don't learn to accept one another as we are and celebrate our differences instead of fearing them. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be human nature.

I also read 1984 in high school in 1979. I was horrified by it, but considered it a sort-of psychotic fantasy. Turned out that Orwell was a prophet.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu

Thanks for this!
Werewoman