Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,551 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2022 at 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Beth* View Post
I got the results of my blood labs and they aren't too bad. The usual slightly elevated (bad) cholesterol, slightly elevated glucose, some anemia. The weird one is that my vitamin D is low. I spent every summer from young childhood on through to age 40 tanning and I've had so many sunburns I can't possibly count. One was so bad when I was 17 that I landed in the hospital. Then in the '90's word was that tanning beds were safe. I loved tanning beds, they felt so great, and I used them a lot. Once I went to a tanning salon in Hollywood...that was an experience. Wow. All of a sudden - no! Tanning beds are not safe! Oh, great. Then I got my tattoos and started avoiding the sun altogether, for fear of skin cancer and because I don't want my tattoos to fade. So now I have a vit D deficiency. Maybe that's why my body aches, I feel so fatigued, and this winter & spring my hair seems to come out a little bit too much. Life is crazy. Not a big deal, though, I just have to take a high dose of D.

I saw med provider, S., yesterday. He is so easy to work with. I told him I increased the Lamictal back to 200 and he said, sounds smart. Shocking, to have a med provider who doesn't act like judge and jury. I told him I'm seriously desperate for sleep + my mind is so noisy, so he agreed to give Haldol a try. I'm taking the first one tonight. Fingers crossed xx
I am vitamin D deficient too. I take a supplement.

I hope Haldol works for you. I haven't had any side effects from it- unless the tremor in my right hand is from it but I'm pretty sure that it's from Lithium (that I stopped taking years ago!)

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*