divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,292 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2022 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
I did do that after my formal review to HR. I sent them my examples of work done well, and stated that my review was mainly negatives and criticisms, and did not point out what I do well.
I am not sure if HR will bother with that. I don’t know if your HR does but they usually don’t know much about exact thing you were evaluated on. Our HR usually has less education than we do so I doubt they’d have much opinion on our evaluations or that their opinion will mean anything in that regards.

No disrespect for HR as they are very important employees but they’d not know anything I was evaluated on (and I’d not know ins and outs of their job either and I’d not know what they are evaluated on). They are trained in managing employees but not in a specifics of our jobs. Maybe it’s different in other fields and HR knows all ins and outs. Our HR and payroll is the same office so I only ever go to them for payroll questions. They’d not care if I didn’t like my review. They aren’t above me or my supervisors, they are just a different department with their own responsibilities. How did they respond to what you told them?

Were you given an opportunity to present those arguments to your boss (or whoever evaluates your work) at the review or after the review? If not, I’d send whatever info and evidence you have to evaluator. For example if I was told I require heavy oversight. Id say I required oversight on 2 projects but I didn’t require oversight on 5 projects. In the future I intend to improve even more and won’t require oversight at all.

I hope you didn’t sign it if you disagree with it
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty