Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 29, 2022 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I am about an average weight for my height. I have some restricting eating disorder traits but in general I eat a normal amount of food. I eat a mix of healthy and unhealthy stuff. My therapist is a couple inches taller then me and about 100 pounds heavier. She is always telling me what to eat and that I should be drinking like smoothies and eating more vegetables and fruit and less soda. and I don't know. I guess I just find taking her advice a bit ironic. Is it wrong for me to feel and think like this?

I mean isnt it kind of like taking relationship advice from someone whos gone through multiple breakups or someone trying to give you medical advice who isn't a doctor?
Not at all. She may have a thyroid condition or some other medical issue that causes her weight problem.
Granted, there are people out there that for whatever reason, being an eating disorder or someone who just loves to eat, that wilfully overeat, but let's not assume everyone who is overweight makes that choice.
Yesterday I was grabbing burgers to go and I noticed a very overweight couple finish their dinner, then split another large burger between them. Who really knows.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost