View Single Post
Hexagon

Member Since Nov 2021
Default May 29, 2022 at 03:45 PM

Dear reader. Today it was Mother’s Day here in Sweden. Mother’s Day varies from country to country, but today it was our turn. And it’s big day for all mothers. Yesterday I bought an packed gift with red silk-paper with golden ribbons. The package contained Belgian chocolates - pralines - with all kind of sorts. So I surprised my mom today with it.

My mom always tells me she doesn’t want anything special or at all, just plenty of hugs. My dear little mom, who was with me all this time, in any good time and through any storm. How brave she is. How she saved us all in that war: me, my brother and my dad. How she went to that village on foot for some milk and cheese and how she dodged the Serbian bullets from automatic rifles. How she prepared us for the worst already in 1990 and took out national (Yugoslavian) passports, since things got from bad to worse.

There are so many things my mom did and so many times. I wish that I was just 5% as brave as her. I know she’s 64, but I hope I’ll have her in so many years. To be my mom, to go with me for a walk outdoor to the forest. To learn me even more about gardening and such. To have me for many years as her son that she raised to be good, kind and full with empathy and understanding. That is why she is my hero.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Hexagon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow