View Single Post
tch214

Member Since May 2022
Default Jun 01, 2022 at 06:54 AM

Kit-

Thank you for the response and it was super helpful. You're right, working with kids does complicate my situation however I find myself 'hiding' in every aspect of my life. My family has told me that any slip in my animinity could jeopardize a lot for me (which i tend to agree with) I'm just feeling very stifled and not sure how to proceed at work, with friends even with some family members. With all that is going on the ignorant keep blaming things on mental illness and i want to scream "IT's not everyone!" I'm nervous to be open about this as the technical and medical terms surrounding BPD make it sound like a monster is living inside of my brain and that I cant control it. WE know that isn't true but the public does not which keeps me and others like me silenced and scared to share apart of us that is here to stay. Just thoughts on a really tough situation I am not sure how to navigate. I want to feel validated in the world without the world looking at me with frightened faces.

btw I've been living with this for 12 years......is it weird I still struggle with this?

Amanda
tch214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote