View Single Post
Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2016
8,783 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 02, 2022 at 05:18 PM

I had a pdoc session today. My first in person one since October 2020. He said I looked good and he hadn't seen me since all my surgeries and my weight loss. He asked how things were going. I told him mental health wise things were fine. Physically they were tough. I explained about the high blood levels and the needing frequent procedures and he agreed I should stay on my injections or else my depression would sprial. He asked how therapy was going and I said it was going good. I casually brought up transference T and asked if she was ever around and he said no shes mostly still doing remote, and that she comes in maybe an hour a week to do paperwork. I said that it was still tough not seeing her and me and my current therapist discuss it each week. He said I was welcome to come in to see him in person whenenever I wanted to. He didn't do anything with my meds. We both know without having to tell each other, that the issues I am having will not be helped by increasing or decreasing my psych meds. He just said "I'll send your refills over to the pharamacy, hopefully you get your physical stuff figured out." He came out and said hello to my mom. Which my mom said was nice. So yeah it was a pretty good session. We talked about the ukraine war and he told me last time I was really worried about it and he asked me if I still was and I mentioned not watching much news and then I said "do you still think its the end of the world?" And he basicslly just said its like Covid and at first it was really scary but now we have just learned to live with it. I was much more vocal then I am normally with him. Normally I'm pretty timid with him. I don't know if its the high blood level or if seeing all these doctors just has made me used to them and used to advocating for myself. Or if I do feel better because I just had the procedure yesterday and that first day after puts me in a good mood. Idk. But it was a good session.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, RTerroni, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2, SlumberKitty, unaluna