View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Jun 04, 2022 at 05:59 AM

Last year, my father was diagnosed with a terminal lung disease. There is no cure for this particular disease, and it is progressive, so he will eventually die from it.

He is on medication to slow the progression, but last night he had to go to the ER because he couldn't breathe. He has been on oxygen, but over the last week, he's gotten far worse. He can barely walk because his breathing is so shallow.

Now he is in ER barely able to speak. They found more of the disease in his lungs, which has progressed considerably since his last scan. He got covid about two months ago, and never seemed to recover from it. He's had persistent headaches and his need for oxygen has gotten worse.

I aim to visit him this afternoon or tomorrow, once he has a room in the hospital. Mom is with him now.

But, it looks like he won't be coming home to his own house. He says mom cannot take care of him in this condition. Mom said he may be transferred to a rehab type of facility. I don't know much of those details.

I'm afraid these are the last days I could be seeing my father. It doesn't look good. They are giving him antibiotics and steroids, but since he can barely talk, who knows how long he will actually live.

I am crying as I write this. This is horrible. I love my father dearly, and I cannot imagine life without him in it.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Bill3, Buffy01, Discombobulated, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
Buffy01