Mountaindewed
Legendary Wise Elder

Mountaindewed NoahsArk30

5 yr Member
8,655 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 05, 2022 at 09:29 AM

Telling therapists is tricky. I've only had a lot of luck with one. She said if it helps you and its not hurting you or anyone else, then go for it. And she was super accepting and I was able to tell her everything. The therapists after that were not as accepting. The 2 therapists I had after her I was able to tell about a couple of the AB things I used. The first therapist was kinda the same way of "if it helps it helps" but I couldn't tell her about the DL side and I didn't stay with her long because of other reasons. The second therapist I told her about the same 2 AB things I used and she asked if I did anything else and I lied and said no. I think she was aware of the community though. She wasn't accepting though and tried other ways to break me of the habit. I told my current therapist one of AB things I use and she said it was weird and that just caused me to shut down in the session and then she felt bad and I haven't brought it up since. I doubt I'll ever be able to bring up any of this stuff with her. But that first therapist knew everything so therapists like that are out there.