View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Wink Jun 05, 2022 at 01:53 PM

Yes, I believe everything you wrote about weed killer is true. However, I think one also has to keep these sorts of things in perspective (IMHO.) One incidence such as the one you describe is not going to do you or your dog any serious damage, I don't believe. (Simply resolve to be more vigilant next time. And talk to your family members with regard to your concerns as well.) On the other hand, if you are seriously concerned about your dog's exposure, consulting a veterinarian would be the appropriate thing to do, I would think. Giving your dog a bath, or having a dog groomer do it for you, would perhaps help to allay any lingering fears you may have with regard to your dog having any residual weed killer in his fur. (And, presumably you washed your own hands as well, as a precaution and for your own peace of mind.)

You mentioned your dog didn't like having his paws touched. This is something you should be working on with him. It's important to habituate dogs to having their paws handled as well as their ears, teeth and their bodies in general so that you can check (and clean) these areas regularly in case there are any health problems developing anywhere. The sooner you notice anything that seems out of the ordinary, the sooner you can get your pooch to the vet and have whatever it is checked out and taken care of if need be. Best wishes...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Neverever86, unaluna