View Single Post
greenfeather

Member Since Jun 2019
18 hugs
given
Default Jun 06, 2022 at 06:20 AM

Hello.
Unfortunately I'm no longer using this forum because I can't share personal information anymore.
But truthfully after reading my previous posts I have to write this.

During a period in which I was severely impaired by anxietydepression, drug use and stressful life events, I went to several therapists and also pdocs. I've been diagnosed with cyclothymia, BPD and ADHD-PI by different professionals.

Recently I resumed therapy and visited another psychiatrist. It turns out I have never had those disorders. The symptoms were caused by the things I wrote before and they were tentatively interpreted as symptoms of a mood/personality/attention disorder.

I don't know what would have happened if I had started to take medication for those disorders when in reality I didn't have them. Thankfully I never did because it always seemed strange to me that professionals couldn't agree upon which disorder I had. At the same time, I wonder if other people have gone through a similar situation.

I deeply thank all the people who helped me back when I used to post on here. <3

This post isn't against therapists or psychiatrist. It's only against misdiagnosing which unfortunately sometimes does happen.
greenfeather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32448, Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty, Truth22

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty