View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2022 at 04:38 PM

rdgrad15, I agree. I suspect there are degrees of depression, as I do know mine crept up on me over a course of years. I went through stages of it, and some of them lasted a strangely long time without me being able to sense much change. But I did not feel bad enough to seek medical assistance, for an amazingly long period of time (although, in hindsight, I wish I had.). Throughout that time, my life was marked by an unnamable sadness, and also the onset of a moments of dread. I finally sought medical assistance when things did get really bad for me, in 2007.

I am enormously grateful my worst symptoms have significantly lightened. I cannot take all the credit for achieving this, by any means. I believe the courses of medication I had taken contributed the most to my healing. Also, I am completely aware that I am vulnerable to a relapse.

Yes, I can usually monitor and manage my emotions much better these days than in the recent past.

There are still several areas however where things still feel a bit triggering and troublesome, I won't lie. Working around generalized anxiety has been the biggest obstacle. I've still got a ways to go.

Last edited by MuseumGhost; Jun 06, 2022 at 05:05 PM..
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rdgrad15