View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jun 09, 2022 at 11:51 AM

My non-professional opinion is there's perhaps not a lot that can be done with true personality disorders. (I don't know if that's true. It's just my opinion. I suspect it's possible I might have been diagnosed as having one at some point had I ever pursued a formal diagnosis.)

As far as getting help goes, at least to my knowledge, it's pretty-much the same as with any other mental health condition. One has to find either a mental health therapist, or perhaps a psychologist, one can work with... hopefully one who has some significant expertise in working with clients who have personality disorders. I, of course, don't know how things work where you live. But where I live, all psychiatrists do is to prescribe and monitor psychiatric medications. So, seeing a psychiatrist (where I live) wouldn't be of help in treating a personality disorder except in prescribing medications to treat the symptoms which is basically what I'm doing.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote