View Single Post
hvert
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 09, 2022 at 11:57 AM

I'm sorry your husband caught it also! Mine is about the same. Napping, a cough, some aches, but really not too bad. He's about the same today as he was yesterday. Now he's telling me that he think symptoms started on Sunday but the first I heard of it was Tuesday when he said he thought he might be getting a sore throat. Our place is so small that it is probably a wasted effort to keep apart, but I am avoiding contact and we are both masking when we are momentarily in the same room.

Our guidance is the same, household members can do what they want as long as they are masked. Are you advised to wear a mask? In some countries, people who test positive are asked to stay home 'if they can,' which I find somewhat shocking! On the other hand, from what I am reading, it seems that we are *most* contagious before we have symptoms so maybe it's the people who have been exposed to Covid who need to stay home rather than the people who already have it!

I also don't understand visiting people at high risk when living with someone who has Covid. The day before he tested positive I saw an elderly friend and really hope I didn't pass anything along. I hope your 83 year old friend comes through okay. We are very lucky that this disease causes so many fewer deaths now than when it first appeared.

I have an appointment next week to take care of some paperwork. Someone will hand me something and I will sit with it for a bit and hand it back. It's a public building so there may be other people inside but I don't think I will have any problem keeping distant. There is a mask mandate for the building, mandatory distancing, and the area I'm visiting is appointment only (although it's possible this policy posted on their website is out of date). I think what feels wrong to me is that if this were a friend, I'd tell them the situation and let them decide. Since it's an appointment that will be inconvenient to reschedule, I want to keep my mouth shut (assuming I'm negative and symptom free).

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, rechu

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated