View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2022 at 06:15 AM

Thanks @hvert yes I think he’s had the worst day on Wednesday when he tested positive, no idea when he picked it up but the line was very dark so I’d guess there was a good viral load there (my own experience was fainter lines before and after). I may suggest another test tomorrow, tests aren’t free here now but I built up a reserve when they were.

Glad your husband is picking up and if it is about a week for him it seems like you (touch wood!) are in the clear. I also read you are most infectious just before symptoms begin, it feels kind of strange to live so closely with someone and not pick it up doesn’t it?

I’m feeling a lot of relief right now - all my anxiety in 2020 was wound around him being clinically vulnerable and my being an essential worker scared I’d bring it home to him. So much anxiety! Yet in the end I got it and he didn’t catch it from me and now he has it but thank goodness it seems mild although he has different symptoms to me (I think I had Delta as I had the classic taste and smell gone which I’m glad he avoided).

England is one of the “stay at home if you can” places for positive cases, in fact my colleague turned up at work earlier this week with a positive test and thought she had to come in! Thankfully she was sent home, we are lucky our company will still pay sickness from day one but not all do.

Fingers crossed you’ll stay negative and get to that meeting, I think you’re being far more considerate than many would be.