View Single Post
RDMercer
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2013
54 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 15, 2022 at 11:49 AM

The thing is, one of the possible things with B vitamin dementia is the feeling of being persecuted and gaslit.

She has had some significant memory gaps in the past year that get explained away as me lying to her, etc. They were small. Infuriating, but small.

It's just in the past month I realized she couldn't put events from the last 2 years in chronological order, even though there were big markers.

A neighbor lost a spouse, had a kid graduate and sold their old home. We were there for support throughout, including the funeral, prepping the house for sale, moving day... My wife can't put those things in order and tells me I'm lying and trying to gaslight her, playing games and messing with her thinking when Ive said, "The dad died the year before the daughter graduated, not a few days before. They were in the new house last Christmas not the old house."

They're a few houses down. Our oldest is the same age. She can't sort this chronologically with our own kid's graduation as a time stamp.
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, poshgirl