Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jun 15, 2022 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mote.of.soul View Post
Another reason too, is if some drivers can take a quick shortcut to avoid the red traffic light at the intersection they were just approaching, they might whip through a car park to beat the traffic lights. I've seen that many times. Silly and dangerous.
I've seen that too. Or through gas stations, especially if the right lane isn't just for right turns only, but to also go straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Puma View Post
Indeed that is a good question speeding through parking lots is a very common thing over here too.
Sorry to hear that. But also glad it's not just an American thing which I thought it was. People are always in a hurry: They drive fast, walk fast, talk fast, etc. Auto repair place might advertise "10 minute oil change." Geez, I'm not in THAT much of a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatoes View Post
Tailgating is the worst!! Seeing people speed on a street where people walk or kids may play!!
Yes it IS! Happens to me all the time. Not only is it annoying but dangerous, as they could plow into me if I stop suddenly! One time I was on a curvy, 1 lane road that had no lights or stop signs for at least 2 miles. I had a convoy of cars behind me but there was no where for me to pull over so they could pass.

And if they risked going around me anyway, they could have a head on collision with opposing traffic. Since it was a "blind" corner, I wasn't going to go FAST. (And that wastes more gas too, and I don't want to do THAT) And even though there was undeveloped land on both sides, I was still afraid I might run into (literally) someone on a bike or a pedestrian in spite of no sidewalks.

My heart was pounding and I was SO RELIEVED when it became 2 lanes again. Of course those cars whizzed by me then.

And not even speed bumps or those "dips" slow people down enough.

I try not to drive unless I have to. Been driving 45 years and it didn't use to be this way. It seems everyone goes fast now, not just some people like when I started driving.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost