Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,880 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jun 15, 2022 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
The Skeezyks has never been on either FB or Twitter either. MSF is the only forum I'm active on. And I'm not even here that much anymore. I've tried joining a couple of other forums that were more focused on my particular areas of interest. But it seemed like they weren't that active; plus they were mostly frequented by members who had been on those forums for a long time and had come to know each other well. So, although the forums would say they really wanted new members, once a new member had been greeted, they were pretty-much ignored. (I have the impression there's a certain amount of that that goes on here on MSF as well.) About the only thing on the internet I really rely on, at this point, is the easy-listening music I listen to on YouTube every day. It's the one thing I would really miss if the whole internet went away.
I thought of joining forums that had subjects of interest to me too, but I didn't like the format. And since I don't normally get on a computer much (I'm on a laptop from the library at the moment), I'd have to use my phone and the battery isn't robust enough. I'm disappointed with how fast they DRAIN!

You're right about how sometimes new members get greeted but after that, other members go back to their cliques.

Only thing I'd miss if the Internet went away is this site and emails from certain people. It's also a good source of info, from credible sites of course. I'm old enough to remember encyclopedias as the place to go for information. No trolling, no disinformation, no bullying, etc.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MuseumGhost