View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2022 at 09:31 AM

Hey @The_little_didgee how are things going? Did you get your gastroscopy yet?

I had a gastroscopy (followed by colonoscopy, lucky me) this week, I had sedation, apparently it does knock some people out but not me. I was very aware throughout and had conversations (not during the gastroscopy because I couldn’t speak then) what I will say was I was a little hazy and time seemed to pass very quickly. However my mum had a gastroscopy only with sedation and asked for a sledgehammer ( her words!) and she was out of it apparently. So really lay down is my advice.

Not going to lie, I found the gastroscopy difficult, I have a strong gag reflex it seems, but the staff were fab and it was over with quickly. Important thing to remember is breath in through your nose, out through the mouth, your airway is clear, you’ll be okay.

I have a hiatus hernia it seems, although it was the colonoscopy (which I found easier) which found it not the gastroscopy, because it was the top of my intestines popping up apparently. I had no symptoms but it’s a common cause of gerd apparently. If eating small meals helps then that would point to a hiatus hernia too as it reduces the capacity of your stomach apparently.

Good luck!
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote