View Single Post
poshgirl
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2018
229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2022 at 11:08 AM

Well, didn't think I'd revisit this topic but....

Today's visit to mother ended in the usual confrontation. I regret something I said behind the closed bathroom door. Although she has hearing problems, she heard every word. Now she's going to add a codicil to her will because I doubted my parentage. So much for her hearing problem!

Early in conversation, I mentioned my cousin (thread: not a time for bickering). Said I could relate to how she felt in doing what she did. Then I added that it would be nice if someone in the family asked me how I actually was. That was the trigger (different meaning to usual on here) for mother to start her rant about how badly I treated her. She's again said someone in the family is gossiping. Added that she knows I'm involved. Really?!When challenged, she wouldn't divulge what I've supposed to have said so I announced I would ask my aunt. "Don't you get causing any trouble" was the response.

Told her a couple more things which then generated the usual tirade because it emphasised that I didn't trust her. Ended in name calling (by her). Arrogant, hateful, smug; all the usual ones. And she had audacity to ask why I didn't visit her more often.

My parting statement, as she was becoming hysterical, was to stop and think about the cycle of these outbursts. She has no social life (doesn't phone anyone), usually happens after my aunt has visited, neighbour has phoned and now cleaner not doing what she should. Rather than challenge them, she decided to have a go at me instead. Have told her again it's unacceptable. Doesn't like to be challenged....

Have to go to a funeral next week. Hope it will give her time to reflect on her unacceptable behaviour, but I doub it
poshgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, unaluna