Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2022 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
. . . but is there an official ethics standard for this? Or is it just another of those ill-defined, nebulous, gray areas that still exists around technology and social media as it pertains to therapy?

I'm guessing it is still in that gray area from everything that I can find.

Personally, it wouldn't particularly matter to me if a provider googled me. I know what is out there and it isn't anything they wouldn't know already.

As far as this particular website goes . . . I never shared that I post here; it wasn't particularly relevant to what I was doing in therapy so it just wasn't an issue. I wasn't one to post about my current therapy sessions, etc. anyway.

For me, I think it would be weird if I found out long after the fact. Like if months later, my T was like, "Oh, yeah, I've been reading your posts on MySupportForums" (I still want to call it PC!). Or "I've been looking at your Facebook posts" (which he couldn't really do because of my settings, but anyway). As he'd have information about me and what I was feeling that I wasn't aware of.

It's almost as if, say, he were talking to my husband or my friend about me without my knowing it.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
AliceKate, Quietmind 2