Thread: hot hot hot
View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers
*Beth* is practicing healthy breathing for brain, mind, body, spirit.

3 yr Member
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2022 at 09:20 PM

We've had a lovely week-end in the 70's and 80's, but tomorrow the temperature is climbing. Tuesday will be over 100 and that will continue for who knows how many days. So yes, I will have the a/c set to 68 and fans on. The a/c is a window unit, though, so the kitchen and living room are cool. The bedroom will be very warm and the bathroom will be very hot. A/c when I'm driving.

We hope & pray for a breeze to come off the ocean and cool down the night. Our nights don't stay terribly hot and sticky like yours do. My apartment stays quite warm all night, though. I always need fans and sometimes the a/c overnight.

I didn't live in an air conditioned home until I was in my late 20's. I don't know how I coped before that, except that I was young, more resilient, and not on heavy meds.

The heat here is dry, like a desert. Only very occasional, mild humidity. I have experienced the heat/humidity of the deep south a few times and it was sheer hell. But the extreme heat here is no fun, either, especially because we are in such a severe drought. We used to get a day of cool rain near the end of July, but that hasn't happened for many years. Everything is so dry and dusty now.

Weather is so interesting to me.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi