View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jun 22, 2022 at 12:18 PM

I'm sorry you're experiencing this difficulty. I'm on 2 mg. per day of Clonazepam (Klonopin). I take .5 mg. 4 times per day. I've been with my current pdoc for years. And, within reason, he pretty-much just gives me what I want. So I don't encounter the sorts of problems you're having.

Initially I was on 1.5 mg. of Clonazepam per day. But then, along the way, I asked to have this increased to 2 mg. per day. I think my pdoc was a bit apprehensive about this due to the fact there is a risk of falls in older people who take Clonazepam. However he went along with it. And it is working out.

I actually take Clonazepam for three different reasons. First and foremost I take it because I have tinnitus and the med quells the noise in my ears. But then I also take it for my generalized anxiety (which would be infinitely worse if my tinnitus was as bad as it would be if I wasn't on Clonazepam.) And then, lastly, I've had kind-of a low-grade tremor throughout my body for years which the Clonazepam helps to smooth out. For better or worse, and barring something unforeseen, I expect to be on it for whatever's left of my life. I have noticed it makes me a wee bit unsteady on my feet... sort-of a mild dizziness. But it's a price that's worth paying for the benefit I get.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna