View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2022 at 06:12 AM

I've been given a huge website audit to perform and I've been put in charge of putting together the powerpoint presentation regarding the audit findings, the analysis and the recommendations. These presentations end up being quite lengthy.

This is the exact task that sent me to the hospital with a breakdown due to the stress and also due to hearing voices back in March, causing me to take a medical leave for a full month.

The difference now is that they've put ME in charge of the ENTIRE presentation, when previously the task was split between all of us team members. I have three weeks to complete it as well versus only four days.

Basically, I am freaking out. WHY they put ME in charge of the entire thing, when I haven't done many of these audits, if any, is beyond me. Are they trying to fire me? Set me up for failure? I do have help from a new employee who is more senior than me. So I am not entirely alone with it, but still. I wonder what is going on and why they have given me the whole thing to do, when my father JUST died, when I am under duress, and when this is the first full audit I've had to do.

I feel that I will fail. This is going to be a huge challenge for me, and in no way am I up for facing this challenge right now. I am scared and nervous. This is the LAST thing I needed right now. I was glad to have less responsibility on my plate and less stress so that I can deal with my father's death and my own grief. But now? This places a TON of stress and pressure on me.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, SlumberKitty