View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2022 at 07:03 AM

Thanks, divine. I DID tell the CEO in my recent meeting (while my dad was still alive) that I WAS READY to take on more responsibility, AND I've mentioned this to my boss several times in the last month or so..... so, it's basically my own fault for telling them I am ready. And I WAS READY, BEFORE my father passed. But now that I am grieving the loss, I don't feel ready AT ALL. I want to just coast through work, with easier tasks. C'est la vie. What can I do, but do the work asked of me and try my best. At least I have 3 weeks to complete this task. Thank goodness. They probably feel that that is ample time so that I don't get too stressed out over it.

And yes, it IS part of the game. I am earning a high salary and with that, comes more stress. I AM thankful for my salary at least. It's helping me to put money into savings, and quite a bit each month.

However, I WILL keep looking for another job. I don't want to stay in this one, and I still want to switch gears and move into client services. I am not satisfied anymore with the kind of work I am doing. And it's just TOO HARD. It's very challenging work, and I'm not up for the challenge these days. Client services/client relations is far more my forte - I am good with clients and I know how to build a strong rapport.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, SlumberKitty