Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2022 at 08:50 PM

Hi @Aviza. I am sorry you find yourself over eating. I find when I do not sleep enough the body craves food.

When I eat high carb meals without much protein, I tend to have continued craving as my body seems to have low blood sugar resulting from high carb meals.
When I cut back on the carbs, my high level craving started to subside. Also when body in pain, there is a tendency for me to want to eat until I feel better. A better solution for me has been healthy snacks and meals every 2-3 hours.

So by experimenting over the years, I cut out meals like a plate of rice or pasta or a huge sub roll and instead eat meals with a fair amount of protein and veggies and some carbs. Finding a balance in my life has also helped me be more stable emotionally.

I like a strong cup of peppermint tea to end a meal and that helps me feel full and satisfied.

I also find exercise helps me have a more normal appetite and not stuff myself, but when I am feeling down, stuffing myself is the way I coped growing up.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Aviza, SlumberKitty, unaluna