View Single Post
Travelinglady
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Sep 2010
22.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 25, 2022 at 12:04 AM

Yeah, PBS has some great shows. Did anybody watch "Waiting for God" or the show about Hyacinth? I can't remember the name off hand.... And the "being served " one. The British humor is great.

And "All Creatures Great and Small." I love the scenery as well as the plot. And, yes, all the mysteries....

I forgot to say we're all involved with "Psych Central," now "My Support Forums." I check in several times each day and read and post. I consider you friends and look forward to being in touch with you. I especially enjoy the political discussion group.

I haven't been doing much due to COVID. My husband and I try to go out to eat as a "date" once a week. And I do have some trips planned. Hey, I have to support my "traveling lady" name!

I rarely do much cooking, and my smart pressure cooker thingie is too complicated for me to figure out. I bought a new little blender and a book about making smoothies, so I hope to try some soon.

I've purchased a whole lot of movies and TV shows, and as soon as my husband shows me how to work the player, I'll get down to business with them. I have "Downton Abbey," since I didn't watch the show when it was on as well as some sci-fi series and so on.

And I literally have hundreds of books. I've purchased even more since I volunteered to be the librarian for a group I've joined for people who are new to the city. But people stay members for years. Each meeting I bring books and puzzles for people in the group to select and borrow. I've been buying best sellers and books on subjects I think the ladies will be interested in. It's fun seeing them excited when they see a book they' really want to read. A lady who loves cat was pleased to find one about a cat, for instance.

Oh, I do shop a lot on eBay instead of going out to stores. That's where I get most of my books.

And I used to go to thrift stores a lot. I love to just see if I'll come upon a treasure, whether an item of clothing, a doo-dad, a book, or whatever. We have some great thrift stores where I live.

And I call friends I've known for years to catch up on the news. I just talked to one recently for an hour. Lots to talk about!

I have a lot of health issues that slow me down, even beyond what the meds I take for bipolar disorder do. But overall I feel very blessed.

I like the idea of our discussing what topics people bring up on this thread. That's fun.
Travelinglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
nonightowl, pachyderm, unaluna