View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,780 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Crazy Jun 25, 2022 at 02:12 PM

I also enjoyed Are you being served? British comedy is great. It's better than our humor and can be so off the wall! Also these are old but Monty Python, Benny Hill, and Only When I Laugh are others I watched/seen.

This site isn't as busy on the weekends for some reason. I used to keep refreshing the page during the day but got disappointed when there were no new posts. Right now I have the laptop from the library again, so it's easier than using my phone for sure. It seems viewing every few days is better----more new activity.

I'm in good health but that has a downside. I don't qualify for any benefits like SSI. And don't appear "deserving" of any help. I'm "not old enough" for anything and don't have a "medical condition" to qualify. Being alone, it's good to be healthy, but it's still a double-edged sword for above reasons.

I've never shopped online and don't plan to, unless I have no choice. I need to GET OUT. Only reason I won't do it now is money woes, plus I don't need more stuff. I need to get rid of stuff. When I did shop, I went to thrift stores a lot too. I found a lot of things in almost brand new condition. Done this since I was a teenager.

The library is the only place I get books, plus from the senior center. There's a lot of books members donate, for other members to take home or read on the premises. I have a couple of books on my phone that I read only when waiting somewhere, like at the dentist. This way I don't have to bring a heavy physical book.

For some reason, I can have real or "deeper" conversations with people on here than in real life. Given our times, I want to talk about deeper things too not just about the weather or some TV show. No friends to talk to in real life, they have ghosted me. One I thought was a new friend just abruptly stopped responding to me. She didn't seem like the type to do that, but alas I've been fooled before.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
pachyderm, Travelinglady