Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,780 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2022 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
I don't like lots of the humor these days either---too much about sex and bad words. I do like "The Big Bang Theory" and "Young Sheldon," too. I even laugh out loud occasionally with them.

"The Carol Burnett Show" had some funny scenes. I liked it. I do like some stand-up comedians, although they tend to be raunchy, such as Wanda Sykes.

I don't have many people to talk to in real life either. I haven't made any new friends to replace ones who have died or who I have moved away from, since COVID is keeping me mainly inside. My last therapist said I didn't really need her, but I just needed a friend to talk to, How true. SO, I'm really glad you folks are here.
Me either. [emoji17]Been called a prude since I don’t like the raunchy humor of today. I like those mentioned along with Bob Hope and old teams like Laurel and Hardy or Abbott and Costello.

Sometimes think I was born in the “wrong” era for that reason,along with never fully embracing technology. It’s forced on us. Thankfully I can watch old shows…ironically due to technology and way more networks than the 3 we had as kids![emoji16]

If I had enough genuine friends I never would have had to see a therapist. I remind myself of what we talked about and how well I manage without friends. Yeah I do but that doesn’t mean I don’t want friends still.

Carol Burnett was funny alright along with Lucille Ball who mentored Carol. Anne Meara and Phyllis Diller were funny too. I like a few more “newer”comedians like Billy Crystal and Robin Williams, the latter we sadly lost.

I come on here for my emotional and intellectual needs. Even the book club isn’t what I hoped due to a couple of overbearing and long winded women.[emoji57] At least on here I could scroll past them,lol. Don’t have to hear or see them either. One of them always has a scowl on her face. I try not to look at her and try to tune her out too.

Thought I finally got a new hairdresser but even she abandoned me. This last appointment she didn’t show and didn’t even call to cancel….until the end of the day. And even then it could have been cause I left her a message asking where are you????

How unprofessional and a deal breaker. Now I have to look again for someone. Before this appointment she got the time down wrong and I waited a half hour. Given all going on I wanted to cut her slack and give her another chance. Then she does this.[emoji19] In her message she didn’t even sound truly sorry.

I asked in my message why she didn’t call right away and she didn’t call back this time. I know she needs the business so why not appease me by offering a discount? I lost time but I could save money. Her English isn’t good and she could come from a culture where time isn’t as important. Or ignoring a customer who had an appointment.

Don’t mean that as racist but there are cultures that are much slower paced than us. Here you say you have to cancel, don’t just not show up.

Know this is off topic but seems to me society had better manners in the old days. Sick of people acting like my time and me as a person don’t matter. I do matter.[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
pachyderm, Travelinglady