View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,457 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 26, 2022 at 02:06 PM

I think you have to take into account that this is a very select group of people here on the forums. We might only represent a small fragment of what therapy is like for the majority of people. I find a lot of people have either had trauma due to therapy or are very interested in the ins and outs of therapy and discovering themselves.

Now I am one who does feel special to my T. She tells me that as well. That doesn't mean I'm her favorite nor does it mean that her other clients aren't special. To me special means that I'm unique and important to her. That I'm not just another number/client. That she sees me as a whole, accepts me as another human, and that we affect eachother.

I fear not being special because of my past, because I've experienced a lot of relational trauma. I fear once I lose that specialness that they will leave me. But what L is teaching me is to accept my humanness, that I don't need to be perfect to be safe. And that I can still be special even when I mess up. She teaches me through accepting me and through her own examples. Like cursing or talking about bodies, etc.

I could go on, but I think I'm going off topic...

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2