Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,810 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jun 28, 2022 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
I've been dealing with this lately. I am sure my mother is a narcissist, untreated, of course. She has all the traits. I was definitely the scapegoat. I live far away and have not seen her in a long time.

Now she has worsening dementia and it's been giving me weird feelings. Basically, I feel like she is already dead to me.
I feel like my sibling is already dead to me and has been for years! It's worse than if he were ACTUALLY dead. Estrangement is the worst. I always tell people I have no family or they're all dead. He might as well be dead, as I am to him.

On another note, I have an acquaintance with worsening dementia. She's just a shell of the person she used to be. I know she can't help it but it's not great to be around her anymore. I know she can't help it but I still find it unbearable at times. It's a type of LOSS, loss of that person. I started losing her years ago. She's ALIVE but not her anymore.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mendingmysoul, Travelinglady