nonightowl wonders if anybody reads this

15 yr Member
6,676 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Crazy Jun 28, 2022 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
I just go to a chain hair cutting place. They never have the same person twice in a row but it is affordable and so far my haircuts are from fine to exceptional. I tipped the exceptional lady a very good tip. I like it because it’s no fuss and I don’t have to chat. I explain that when I take my hearing aids out I won’t be able to hear. They have been great at not trying to chat with me. You can do everything on line, sign in pick a time, get up dates on timeline and arrive minutes before and sign in electronically, my name comes up on a screen and presto, I’m getting my hair cut. Since I started aqua fitness I keep my hair short. I think it might be called a pixie I’m not sure. The first time I was there I showed the woman what I wanted because I had very long hair. After that I just tell them to shorten it up and they all do it a bit different. It keeps things fresh. All in all I’m pleased with them.
I'm looking for a more personal touch so have stayed away from chains. Doing everything online isn't convenient for me. Tech is weird at times, unpredictable and frustrating. I prefer a phone call or in-person visit to make an appointment. A few places are within walking distance here. The isolation of the last two years, roughly, has made me crave face to face contact and to have the stability of the same person. Just like I have I go to the same cashier at the same grocery store. Stability and familiar people. I've had enough change since 2020.

Sometimes I feel like chatting, if it's with the right person. I sure miss my old stylist of 27 years. She retired and I haven't found anything even close---personality wise or skills wise.

Need to regroup from this latest disappointment before trying yet another salon....I really needed a treat and haven't even been motivated to do a chore or two. Maybe I already said that, LOL. I'm just so irritated so that's one reason I can't watch January 6th hearings.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, Travelinglady