View Single Post
Starlingflock

Member Since Apr 2022
93 hugs
given
Default Jun 29, 2022 at 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Okay, your husband doesn't go around robbing convenience stores or knocking down old ladies and grabbing their purses. Being a good person is not just about refraining from committing felonies. He creates a miserable environment for you to live in. He's irresponsible. He can't be trusted to safely drive your daughter anywhere. He's arrogant. He can't get along with others well enough to hold down a job. (The current one won't last.) He's "been fired like 4 or 5 times . . . Usually due to behavior towards others." His behavior has been "terrible" for decades, as you describe it. His own daughter wishes he weren't there. His own adult son avoids him. He's resentful. He "has a power issue" for as long as you've known him. You've described him as "a jerk." You're revolted at the thought of having any marital intimacy with him. All I know about this man is what you have told us. I'm trying to think of one virtue he might have?

Can you - with a straight face - honestly say, "My husband is basically a good man, and I admire that about him." ??

If he's basically a good guy, then I guess his only downfall is that "he's sick." So back in the corner we go.

Calling him a "bad man" seems too strong for you. If he weren't your husband, and he asked you for a character reference, would you give him one?
His current job only lasted a week. That was a few weeks ago or so when it ended.
He is a good guy towards some people.
His behavior towards me is bad.
Starlingflock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76