Thread: T issues
View Single Post
East17
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2014
39 hugs
given
Default Jun 29, 2022 at 01:30 AM

Well since I raised the issue of the constant interruptions, there hasn't been one in any of the last 3 sessions! So T has obviously taken on board what I've said and has taken steps to prevent it happening whilst we are talking. Which I know is only what she should have done in the first place, but it's a shame it has taken a rupture to get here. We will see how long the peace in sessions lasts.

Cynical me wonders if she sensed that I was pulling away and getting ready to stop sessions with her, as the last couple have felt more like they did in the earlier weeks when she had a warmer attitude, seemed kinder and more invested in the therapy relationship.

It's almost as though things run smoothly for a while and I just start to get comfortable and feel that I can trust her and want to work with her long-term, then something happens to break that and we are back to square one with me being unsure about the whole therapy process and wondering if I should quit. T says she feels there is an element of avoidance with me. I do want to 'go there' and do the difficult stuff, but part of me doesn't and wants to avoid it at all costs.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
*Beth*, AliceKate, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
AliceKate, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2