View Single Post
ejoha

Member Since Jun 2022
Default Jun 29, 2022 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
It sounds like you have to walk on eggshells around him to avoid his anger. And I don't think you can have a discussion of the issues, based on your experience in trying to talk to him.

I would follow Rive's advice and would simply just kick him out. Enough is enough. He IS sponging off of you and is mistreating you. If he explodes, he explodes and you call the police.

Just pull that band-aid off, no matter how hard it is, and tell him he must leave. It IS YOUR home after all. No need for a discussion - be firm and remain strong in your stance. He must leave and you will not tolerate this behavior any longer from him.

Do not feel guilty. You are not responsible for him.
Thank you for your support and taking the time to respond. I fear that the needing to call the police part will ultimately be a reality. This is something I’ve never experienced and I’m just trying to navigate in the right direction. I don’t know how I’ve let things get to this point. I’ll repeat what I said in my response to the comment above… I just feel plain defeated and fearful. I’m trying to shake it and know I have to because I’ll be the one who suffers if I don’t. It’s just like I’m at a roadblock in my brain. Hard to explain.
ejoha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope