View Single Post
Lonelyinmyheart
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2019
1,732 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 01, 2022 at 03:56 AM

Having a deep relationship with one T doesn't mean you'll never find another wonderful T who you can connect with deeply, albeit in a different way as relationships are all different.

I'm a case in point. I had a very deep attachment to a T I saw many years ago at an agency. Our work together ended because she left the agency after 3 years. I missed her so much that I dreamed about her nearly every night for at least a year and I cried pretty much every day too. It took me much longer to get over her. Up until a few years ago I'd still occasionally cry about her, and to this day I have the odd dream of her.

Now I've been working with a T who I have such strong feelings for that it's honestly like being in love. I never thought I could feel strongly about anyone after my ex T but I do. It's NOT the same, they are very different people, the love is totally different, but the depth of connection is more intense than it was with my ex T.

So please don't write off your chance to connect with another amazing T. It won't be the same, but it can still be special.

In the meantime, try and find a T who you can at least process your feelings about ex T with. I did when I started seeing a T straight after it ended with ex T. I grew not to like her in some ways, albeit she was helpful in others, but at least provided a space for me to process my feelings about ex T. She even told me there will be others who I meet and grow to love, it won't end with ex T. I didn't believe her of course, but she was right.

I know it's painful when you're grieving for a therapist you loved. Just please know you can still go onto develop deep attachments with others. Keep your heart open and don't give up.
Lonelyinmyheart is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, Waterbear

Thanks for this!
AliceKate, East17, LonesomeTonight, Quietmind 2, Waterbear