View Single Post
FloatThruThis
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2021
1,887 hugs
given
Default Jul 03, 2022 at 09:15 AM

Updates:

1) My coworker that’s been there twice as long as I have & still needs babysitting is now out with covid as of yesterday. Our department that once had four people is now down to two: me & the lead. It’s fitting, because the rest of the departments in our office are also down by half, so we fit right in. I’ve already been working six days a week for 40+ hours & I was supposed to have the 4th off. I took a covid test yesterday & it came out negative. Not gonna lie, a small small part of me wanted to be positive so I could get a break, but I was mostly relieved not to have it. Sorry!

2) The opening at the smaller office closer to where I live for more money & less work volume finally opened up & I applied immediately! Still, my organization is notoriously slow about everything up to & including hiring, so it may be awhile yet to even hear anything, let alone be transferred, if I am so honored. It’s not a shoe-in; anyone with more seniority could sweep in & take it, so: fingers crossed! ...& then if I do get it, hopefully it’s not out of the frying pan & into the fire, but I won’t know until I’m there. It’s early enough though that if I do get it, I’ll be out before the hellscape that is otherwise known as the holiday season at my current office, yippee!

I could write so much more, & maybe I will someday...
FloatThruThis is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty